16 – 18 May 2017, Sesimbra, Portugal
The sixth conference in the Oceans Past series will be held by CHAM-FCSH, NOVA/UAc with the support of Sesimbra Municipality (Portugal) under the main theme: “Historical Perspectives on the Elements and Dynamics of the Marine Socio-Ecological System.” The conference is open to all students and researchers interested in the history of human interactions with life in the ocean
The submission of oral and poster papers encompassing, but not limited to, the following topics is encouraged:
- Historical changes in values, perceptions, and governance of marine systems.
- Changes in human demographic, technological, economic, and cultural drivers of marine resource use.
- The role of gender in marine resource use and impact.
- Integrating population and ecological modeling into marine historical ecology.
- Historical case studies from Asia, Africa, and Central and South America.
- Historical scientific expeditions around the world.
Submit your proposal (title, author(s) with affiliations, e-mail for the lead author, abstract max. 200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found on the conference flyer.
Deadline for submissions: 31 January 2017